The party goes global...

Free counters!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

An Age of Madness reading at New England Mobile Book Fair

First of all, you're probably as confused as I was. But "Mobile Book Fair" is a misnomer -- NEMBF is actually a bricks & mortar book store in Newton, Massachusetts, that has been around for a very long time. In the old days they used to send trucks out to different neighborhoods, or something. Hence the "mobile." Or something. I admit to being slightly confused (slightly?), in this as in so many other things.

You can read more about them on their website here.

BUT: The important thing is that I will be doing an event there on Friday, October 26 at 7:00pm. Mark your calendars, etc. I gather NEMBF is a pretty rocking place -- they claim to stock over 1,000,000 books, all new, all discounted, and they seem very enthusiastic about what they do. So even if the thought of hearing me read from my totally excellent new novel leaves you shrugging, you should come check out the place anyhow. It sounds pretty majestic.

On a less-thrilling note, my event at Millrace Books in Farmington, CT (aka "my hometown") has been postponed. This is because the shop itself is closing up/has closed up. After 40-odd years, the lovely Jan Owens decided that keeping the place open was just not viable anymore. BUT! The space is still home to Jan's other project, the Farmington Valley Literary Arts Council, which continues to host events and workshops every month. It is very possible that I will be able to do some sort of Madness-related event there in the fall or winter. It's just a question of working out the logistics. Stay tuned.

No comments: