The party goes global...

Free counters!

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Goodreads reviews

I'm pretty thrilled about Goodreads.com, which is a terrific web site dedicated to avid readers and their books recommendations, groups, chat boards and so forth. Tastes vary widely, obviously, and its worst it can act as an echo chamber for stuff like Fifty Shades of Gray, but at tis best it's a place where interested readers can congregate and swap reviews and recommendations. You can find a lot of good books by browsing over there for a few minutes/hours/days. I know I have...

Anyway, some reviews are starting to trickle in for An Age of Madness, now that the book has been out for a few months, and I'm happy to report that many of them are very sweet. So click on the link and take a look at what people are saying. It's gratifying when just regular readers respond to something, as opposed to professional critics or book reviewers (hey, not knocking them either--I am one, after all) who sometimes sound as if they're just reaching for something to say in order to meet a word count. (Not that I ever do that, of course.)

Not sure which I like more, the woman who says "I don't understand why David Maine is not on everyone's best seller list," or the guy who asks, after reading An Age of Madness, "Hope you are okay?" I don't know either of these people, by the way, or anyone who wrote any of thgese reviews apart from my pal Lori over at The Next Best Book Club. (Hey, Lori! I'm wearing your TNBBC T-shirt today!)

These reviews mean a lot, of course, both to me and more importantly to other readers. So if you've read the book, feel free to post something there, and/or on Amazon. It doesn't have to be long--a couple sentences is great. And think about doing it not just for me, but for any book you've read and enjoyed lately. These are trying times for writers, financially, and any little bit of enthusiasm you can generated will be much appreciated...

No comments: