The party goes global...

Free counters!

Sunday, February 24, 2013

AWP update

Actually, I still don't have a lot of details about my appearance at AWP this year, but here's what I do know:

1. I will be appearing on Saturday, March 9, from 12:30 - 1:30pm.

2.  Red Hen Press will have a table/booth at the bookfair, and they'll be selling my book An Age of Madness, and I'll be available to sign copies, offer relationship advice, etc.

That's pretty much all I know. Here's a link to a bewildering overload of information.

I believe that my involvement is with the Bookfair, not the conference itself, which is full of people talking about books rather than people who actually write them. (Snarky, I know. But I've got my reasons.) There will be writers too I believe, giving talks and so forth but that's not me. I'm just there to sell & sign.

The Hynes Convention Center in Boston seems like a fairly huge place -- near the Prudential Center and the Sheraton, if that helps -- so... plan on getting there early to find parking, etc. (I'm certainly going to.)
 
Despite all the mayhem, this does seem like an interesting event, especially the Bookfair side of thigs, where you can meet some interesting authors and publishers and, maybe, pick up some good books. I plan on doing some browsing before and after my hour in the limelight.  Hope to see you there!

No comments: