The party goes global...

Free counters!

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cincinnati, here I come (part 2)

This afternoon I leave for scenic and lovely Cincinnati, Ohio, which a few years ago was voted the nicest city to live in by some magazine. I have never been there myself, despite going to school in Oberlin, which is not too many miles north and east. So I'm curious.

I arrive Monday morning local time and will probably proceed to crash out. however, for those of you living in the area and who are also curious, I'll be giving a reading Monday night--I know not where, exactly, but it's somewhere on campus and I'm sure a quick phone call to the English department will point you in the right direction.

If you can't make it to that, I'm also giving a lecture Tuesday night, and will be reading during that as well. There's a link below for more info.

I am not a huge fan of flying in airplanes, so, any cheery thoughts yo wish to turn in my direction will be appreciated. I'll try to coment on my time in Ohio as I go along, if anything interesting happens (which I'm sure it will...)

2 comments:

Susie said...

it'll take a baby-sitter and finding a friend to make the trip but hope to be there... any other readings while you're in the area?

David Maine said...

Hi Susie
Sorry this answer is late (I was flying on a plane when you wrote, and subsequently jet-lagged). I will be lecturing/reading at 8:00pm tonight, Tuesday march 3rd, at the university. There's a link on my blog for more info. I hope you can make it!