The party goes global...

Free counters!

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Spring? Spring!

Okay, it's been a while getting here, but I have good reason to believe that sring may finally be just around the corner..


The above photo is of the crocuses I planted in September--I put in dozens of them:


I love how they bloom right there in the snow. They're like, "Screw you, winter."

They were supposed to be a mix of colors--white, yellow and purple. All the evidence so far points to their being only yellow, but whatever. I'll take what I can get, at this point.


Above are a couple of tulips, which are sprouting at an alarming rate along the front of the house. This is great, especially as we face north and so get virtually no direct sunshine along there. I was afraid I had planted in vain, but... so far so good. Also, there are daffodils mixed in there. Maybe they're the red things sprouting in back? I'm not sure. Not a huge fan of daffodils, myself, but supposedly they prevent the squirrels from eating the bulbs.

I also put in a few along the sunny edge of our parking spot:


With any luck, these will bloom just fine.

So: winter is in retreat, spring is on its way, but will we have flowers? Stay tuned.

No comments: