The party goes global...

Free counters!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Reading groups!

It's been brought to my attention (by my hard-working and much-aapreciated publicist, Billy) that there are any number of reading groups scattered across these United States, some of whom might have an interest in reading one of my books--particularly An Age of Madness, given its recent publication and its involvement with National Reading Group Month. So let me take this moment to say to any potential reading-grouper (groupie? No, probably not that): Hey! I'm available! Give me a shout.

In the past, reading groups have read one or the other of my books and then, through the magic of email, they have submitted to me questions which I then answered and returned, spurring (I hope) some converation that might have gone in an unexpected direction. That was fun, and people seem to enjoy it.

These days, however, I'm here in the US, meaning that through the magic of Skype or--at least in the NY/NE area--through the magic of the internal combustion engine, I can come face-to-face with people, either by arriving in person or Skyping over the internet. I'd be happy to do this. I would in fact be thrilled to do this. Writing books is a strange, somewehat isolating discipline, and having the opportunity to interact with people who have taken the time to read something of mine is very gratifying.

So, if you're involved with a reading group and you'd like some face time, give me a shout. Leave a comment here and I'll get back to you. Or just email me directly at dmloveletters@yahoo.com. If you're in NY or New England, there's a good chance that I'll be able to make the drive to see you in person (if that's something you want). Don't be shy. It's fun...

No comments: