The party goes global...

Free counters!

Friday, November 9, 2012

Uzma Aslam Khan: Thinner Than Skin

Here are some photos from last night's rocking reading by Uzma Aslam Khan, who read an excerpt from Thinner Than Skin to an appreciative audience at Booklink in Northampton:


As you can see, the turnout was solid -- roughly 20 to 25 people, which was a very nice crowd for such a tiny shop, also considering the wretchedness of the weather outside (not visible in thes pictures, alas, so use your imagination).


A fair number of local college students were in the mix, which was nice to see. I mean, I assume they were local, and hadn't been bussed in from like Wisconsin or something.


Uzma's uber-cool publisher at Interlink, Michel Moushabeck, provided a brief introduction and even pounded away briefly on his Middle Eastern tabla in order to get everyone in the mood. It worked.


After reading, Uzma shmoozed and signed books. A fine time was had by all.


Thanks to all the folks who gave me permission to use their pictures publicly on this blog!

As mentioned previously in this space, I myself will be giving a reading at the University of Connecticut Co-Op Bookstore in Storrs, CT on December 4 (Tuesday) at 4:00pm. I can't guarantee that it will be as lively and engaging as this event last night, but I can guarantee that I'll do everything in my power to make it so. So please, if you're interested and in the area, drop on by.

1 comment:

RH said...

Ricky Hanson says, looks like it was a great turnout. Lots of fun.