The party goes global...

Free counters!

Monday, October 8, 2007

My mom wants me to tell you that...

...Ishmael Beah, who wrote A Long Way Gone (see below), is a graduate of Oberlin College, in Oberlin, Ohio. Which is also where I went to school. A longstanding tradition of literary excellence, perhaps? You decide. Hey, William Goldman went there too (and gave my commencement address in 1985), the guy who wrote Marathon Man, Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid, and The Princess Bride (books and movies, all of them) among much other stuff. Also Tracy Chevalier (Girl with a Pearl Earring) and Thornton Wilder (Our Town). And probably a lot more that I don't know about. So, you know, not bad for a little school in Ohio.

By the way, the Patriots beat the Browns, so they're now 5-0. Next week, the Cowboys in Dallas. Should be a good game.

No comments: