The party goes global...

Free counters!

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Greetings, Earthlings.

Hello there. This is David Maine's brand new blog, so welcome to it and thanks for reading. On the off chance that you're (ahem) not entirely familiar with what I do, let me introduce myself. I'm the author of several novels, to wit:

The Preservationist (2004)
Fallen (2005)
The Book of Samson (2006)

and the soon-to-be-released

Monster, 1959 (2008).

All are published by St. Martin's Press in New York, and in the UK by Canongate. The first three books are variations on Bible stories, of Noah, the Fall and Samson respectively. The Monster book, which is due to be published in February, has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the Bible. For better or worse, it marks a radical shift in emphasis and concerns. Hmm.

Some dates to remember: October 31, 2007: The Book of Samson is released in paperback.

February 19, 2008: Monster, 1959 released.

I'm new at all this blog stuff, so have patience. I would like to do things like post links to nice reviews and Amazon pages for my books, and so on, but I have to figure out if and how I can do that... I will also try to update this blog as regularly as I can, at least a couple times a week. If you are moved to write back, great! Ask me anything. If I don't know the answer I'll make something up.

No comments: