The party goes global...

Free counters!

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Don'T Open That Door! #55: Attack of the 50 Foot Woman

The latest installment of my ongoing column for PopMatters.com, Don't Open That Door!, is up and running. This weeks it's the 1959 kitsch-fest Attack of the 50 Foot Woman, starring Allison Hayes and Yvette Vickers.


For those of you unfamiliar with the plot: Allison Hayes plays a woman who grows to fifty feet tall. That's about it, although there's a good deal of other melodrama worked in around the fringes of this basic plot. It's all kind of hilarious, in certain moods.

3 comments:

C. J. Barna said...

I was wondering if you where still doing these... Nothing has been up on Facebook for awhile. Miss you over there!

David Maine said...

Hi Chris!

Yeah I don't get to FB too much... just too many other demands on my time. But yeah, I'm still doing Don't Open That Door!, just every 2 weeks now instead of every week. Still plenty more where these come from...

Unknown said...

David--

I LOVE your blogging on these old Sci Fi classics. I am a sucker for them via TNT, or TCM, or even SyFy channel when they will indulge us. You seem to be quite the expert---if not THE expert--on them. Consequently, I have a question for you concerning them. Do you recall a sampling that have Military Police, MPs, from the 40s, 50s, or 60s..? "The Invisible Boy" and "Day the Earth Stood Still" had some good scenes.

If you recall any, it would be a great help!

Chris Hosfeld

Like this:

http://s6.postimg.org/e9imuyzkx/Robby_32c.jpg