So, Uzee is going to Karachi for a couple weeks, and I have drummed up a modest list of things to keep me busy in the interim:
1. Finish my book. (You know, the one I've "finished" several times already in the past year.
2. Get up at 6:00am and go swimming. (We'll see.)
3. Go to Costco and buy paper goods. This can take most of the day.
4. Go to the dentist.
5. Read the Flannery O'Connor biography Flannery by brad Gooch, which I bought a few weeks ago and haven't gotten to yet.
6. Watch a few choice morsels of classic-movie fame, to wit: I Married a Monster from Outer Space (1958), The Land Unknown (1968), Revenge of Frankenstein (1958), and others.
7. Not do any more grocery shopping until everything in the fridge, freezer and cupboards has either been consumed or thrown away. Wish me luck. Milk is exempted.
I'll let you know how I do.
Currently reading: Theft by Peter Carey (Great book.)
Currently listening to: Focus Level by Endless Boogie (the perfect name for, maybe, the perfect band) and Some Sweet Relief by Speck Mountain. (Very mellow and dreamy, also habit-forming.)